Sunday, November 24, 2013

What I Have Learned

Watching hearts and chronicling them to share on this blog has made me aware of some things. Some hearts are not meant to be shared, for one.

Sometimes, there is no choice about not sharing: I have literally spotted a heart, my eyes magically locking on the shape in a tree branch or a cloud, only to watch it melt away before my eyes. Or, having been distracted momentarily, I look back to discover it gone; even having nothing change in the leaves, branches or whatever formed it in the first place.  I have seen them in negative spaces, form three-dimensionally, using foreground and background to become.

 Sometimes I feel they should be kept private, just for my viewing. I spot them when I am with my daughter, and I always point them out to her with no self-consciousness. But sharing them on this blog - sometimes I wonder, is that REALLY a heart?

I have come to believe there are kindred souls out there who share my experiences. No, we are not mistaken; hearts present themselves to us every day.

I remember that even if it is not quite a heart, I remember the message: that I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment